The Frontier Labs Bioacoustic Audio Recorder (BAR) is a professional grade audio recorder designed specifically for bioacoustic studies. It's small, smart and strong and produces ultra-clear recordings.
- Small and lightweight design measuring 110x130x70mm and weighing only 360 grams including battery.
- Supports multiple sample rates: 8kHz, 16kHz, 22.05kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz (with corresponding anti-aliasing filters).
- Adjustable gain up to 60dB.
- Integrated GPS provides accurate location information and time synchronisation.
- Easy to use interface means anyone can set up and deploy.
- Ultra-low noise, highly sensitive omnidirectional microphone includes a 20dB class A pre-amp and output driver for cables.
- Rugged, waterproof, lockable enclosure made from a durable UV resistant plastic.
- Record up to 80hrs of data or 320hrs with the extended battery pack. External power option also available.
Made and supported locally in Brisbane, Australia.
The Frontier Labs Bioacoustic Audio Recorder is a lightweight affordable unit for people who want to record up to 80 hours per charge, all within a compact, simple, self-contained unit. With built in GPS, every recording session is geo-tagged so you always know where each recording was taken. The GPS also provides accurate time synchronisation and makes recording relative to dawn and dusk as simple as selecting that option in the schedule.
The rechargeable lithium-ion 18650 cell used with the recorder has a long life, wide temperature range (-10 to +60 °C) and is easily accessible for quick changeover in the field. They are available worldwide and can be charged with standard lithium chargers. Why put up with the bulk, weight and waste of Alkaline batteries?
The Bioacoustic Audio Recorder was designed with ease of use in mind: The simple user interface allows you to view and edit the recording schedule, check the SD card status, battery level and even view the microphone audio level all in the field. The mounting plate and belt strap also mean deployment is simple and hassle-free.Sample recording
The following is a comparative recording of the BAR and Songmeter SM2, both using 16bit 44.1kHz sampling taken at 5:30am on the 18th of March 2014 in inner-city Brisbane.DocumentsOur Guarantee
30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
The BAR comes with a 30 day money back guarantee so you can try it risk free. If you're not 100% satisfied with your BAR then return it to us within 30 days for a full refund.
12 MONTH WARRANTY
All our products are made locally in Brisbane, Australia and come with a full 12 month warranty. We take pride in the quality of our equipment so if anything should fail under normal use then please let us know and we will arrange a replacement for you.